Your opportunity to be recognized and rewarded at Fespa in Hamburg
By entering your printing campaign and be a winner
The 2017 Fespa awards and the only independent global platform within the printing industry, is due to take place next year in Hamburg from Tuesday, 9th May, 2017. The awards recognize the best print campaigns in the world and the people who create them.
Established in 1991, this particular awards programme is judged by industry experts who have contributed significant advances in techniques and technology within the industry.
As an entrant, it is the perfect opportunity to impress prospective customers by demonstrating that your abilities have been recognized by senior, influential figures in the industry worldwide. The opportunity to win awards via this platform, not only profiles your business and attracts new customers, but also elevates team spirit within your business and shows that your business is on a par with the big international players.
The event will also highlight all that is leading edge in the print industry, from printerior conferences (celebrating all things pattern orientated and the great possibilities of linking print and interior design), digital textile conferences, digital seminar programmes, top business speakers within the printing industry, signage seminars and demonstrations, to world wrap master showcases and workshops, all culminating in a prestigious Gala Dinner where winners of the various award categories received from all over the world, will be announced.
There are a total of 15 categories, and within each category, entrants can select from one of 3 sub categories, that of digital printing only, screen printing, and mixed techniques (which includes offset, digital or screen, or digital and screen, etc.)
The categories are as follows:
- Point of purchase products – printing on paper and board, including paper banners and backlit papers
- Point of purchase products – printing on all types of plastics, including plastic banners and backlit plastic and lenticular, plastic printing in sheets, flexible or rigid.
- Posters, single sheets, multi sheets
- Original serigraphy, giclees, fine art reproductions, books and brochures.
- Decals, printed labels, fleet marketing, window decals.
- Special effect: screen printed over offset, digital or screen printed images and other innovative applications
- Special effects on t-shirts, garments and other textiles, including embroidery, additions of pearls, metal, circuitry
- T-shirts and other garments – direct printing, transfers and roll to roll
- Roll to roll printed textiles – for decoration and pennants, banners, tapestries, draperies, other textile products (e.g. fashion items bags, scarves, ties etc.)
- Glass, ceramic, metal and wood products – e.g. tableware, tiles, glasses, mirrors (curved and flat), direct printing, decals, glass and ceramic, metal and wood products, signs and objects
- Direct Printing on three dimensional products which would include bottles, mugs, skis, packaging
- Non printed signage – channel lettering, neon signs, signwriting, etching, engraving and dimensional signage, acrylics, non-printed vinyl
- Functional Printing – white goods, automotive, IMD, fascia’s, dials, nameplates, signs, gauges, printed electronics, printed circuits and membrane switches, hybrid circuits, RFIDs, solar cells
- Young Star – Separate from the main award categories featured above, this award is open to those aged between 15 – 25 years and working as a junior employee or student in any print related disciplines. This includes apprentices, interns and students including those in college, graduates or post graduate students in part or full time education. This winner will pick up a cheque of 1000 pounds (£1000) and is a great opportunity to show off ones skills as well as add the accolade to ones CV.
Please note the important dates to diarise are as follows:
- 27 January, 2017 – Closing date for entries, so be sure to get your entries delivered to Printing SA or FESPA Africa offices before this date.
- 6 February, 2017 – Entries showcased on FESPA.com and public voting opens for the People’s Choice Awards.
- 22 February, 2017 – Entries arrive for judging
- 1 – 2 March, 2017 – Judging of all entries received
- 6 March, 2017 – People’s Choice awards close for voting and announcement of shortlist
- 8 – 12 May, 2017 – All shortlisted entries displayed at FESPA 2017 in Hamburg
- 9 May, 2017 – Gala Dinner and announcement of winners
- 12 May, 2107 – Collection of entries from Awards Exhibition.
“This is the chance for Printing SA’s members, which consist of local printing companies, to show the world what they are capable of. Let’s make the industry proud and submit our talented work. Both competitions and FESPA awards look at providing a platform to assist in improving the caliber of our work, “ stated Mr Steve Thobela, CEO of Printing SA.
“As an organization that provides many tiers of assistance to our members, this is just another opportunity for us to lend our support to our members by providing our assistance when selecting which categories they should enter themselves into,” he added.
Entry forms can be found online at www.fespaawards.com . For any further queries contact Zama Zulu at Printing SA on 011 287 1160 or Chania Yapp from FESPA Africa on 011 250 9890.