Request for Proposal: Graphic Design Training Provider
Printing SA’s recent expansion to include members from the Visuals Communications Industry is nothing short of a big and bold move which we are extremely proud of.
With the industry now under our wing, it is time for Printing SA to begin developing the services offerings which allow us to give our new members the value that they expect and deserve.
To get the ball rolling, Printing SA is looking to partner with Training Providers within the Visual Communications Sector, and we welcome them to submit their proposals for the development of an Adobe Creative Suite eLearning course.
This course will form part of the new Printing SA Electronic Prepress Technician Curriculum, with the aim of further developing this material into blended eLearning courses.
The second phase of the project will involve presenting the blended eLearning course in partnership with Printing SA on an ongoing basis.
- Develop an eLearning Course which is geared to the Printing, Packaging and Signage industries.
- Develop practical activities, online contact sessions and assessment instruments which ensure that the Electronic Prepress Technician Curriculum assessment specifications are met.
- Development of an implementation strategy and rollout which meets the demands of the industry.
Modes of Learning:
- Approximately 8 hours of eLearning per course
- Online Contact Session (Zoom or MS Teams)
- Video Tutorials
- PDF manuals
- Learning briefs and assignments
- Formative and summative assessments (Practical and theoretical)
eLearning Course Development:
- Adobe Photoshop CC Essentials
- Adobe Photoshop CC Intermediate
- Adobe Photoshop CC Advanced
- Adobe InDesign CC Essentials
- Adobe InDesign CC Intermediate
- Adobe InDesign CC Advanced
- Adobe Illustrator CC Essentials
- Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate
- Adobe Illustrator CC Advanced
- Adobe Acrobat XI for Print and Prepress
- Retouching and Colour Correction
- Packaging Design Fundamentals
- Blended eLearning course development timelines.
- Blended eLearning course development costs.
- A 2021 timetable indicating course presentation dates and locations.
- Blended eLearning course presentation costs.
- Accreditation as an Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC).
- SETA accredited training provider.
- Qualified and registered ETD staff.
- Previous experience and/or past performance history.
- Samples and/or case studies from previous projects.
- Projected costs.
- Industry-relevant experience and technical expertise in the Printing, Packaging, Signage and Visual communication industries.
The deadline for submission for all proposals is 20 November 2020.
For more information please see the following documentation:
- Request for Proposal: Training Provider(s) able to develop and offer Adobe Creative Suite Blended eLearning in Partnership with Printing SA.
- Occupational Certificate: Electronic Prepress Flexographic Technician.
- Occupational Certificate: Electronic Prepress Gravure Technician.
- Occupational Certificate: Electronic Prepress Lithographic Technician.
- Occupational Certificate: Electronic Prepress Screen Technician.
Would you like to be part of a federation that is recognised as the official mouthpiece of the South African printing, packaging, branding, creative design, advertising and communications industry?
PIFSA is a federation that is consulted by government and all other important national bodies. Membership grants you access to information, advice, advocacy and a forum for the exchange of views
Join Printing SA! Follow this link for the membership form, and feel free to contact us for any more information you may require.