Controlled by Printing SA, PrintSecure is one of two security printing standards and accreditation bodies in South Africa offered to all South African printers and suppliers of security products seeking acceptable accreditation and certification locally, and in Africa.
PrintSecure, is a security Printing standards and accreditation body under the auspices of and controlled by Printing SA.
PrintSecure is an accreditation service offered to all South African security printers and suppliers of security products, seeking acceptable accreditation and certification locally and in Africa.
Printing SA accreditation has been aligned to ISO 14298 Graphic Technology (Management of security printing processes) standards and provides the printers’ clients with the confidence, fidelity and security of dealing with approved, certificated printers who have complied with strict security checklists and audit, which are evaluated and updated annually.
Accreditation is intended to provide government tender boards and other tenderers, purchasers, procurement agencies, manufacturers, retailers, end users and consumers with the assurance of dealing with bona fide security printers and suppliers who have been accredited to internationally aligned standards, thereby eliminating the need for individual risk assessment and accreditation.
Why Get Certified
Integrated Certification Benefits:
- Increased customer confidence and satisfaction
- Recognised reference for government and industry
- Trusted security printer or supplier
- Prevent and fight forgery and counterfeiting
- Clear structure of requirements and responsibilities
- Maximum security from development to deployment
- Proven security management system
1. Complete online application form
2. The application fee is R 2 768 incl VAT (non-member plus 20%)
Once payment is made the criteria and pre-accreditation compliance questionnaire will be sent to you to be completed which cover both physical and documentary requirements.
All pre-accreditation compliance information will be assessed by a PrintSecure inspector and further questions, comments or recommendations will be made prior to inspection.
- At this stage the initial accreditation and inspection fee will be invoiced.
- An on-site accreditation inspection will be done by one or more inspectors covering documented policies/procedures and physical aspects.
- A report will be provided to the PrintSecure Committee by the inspectors recommending accreditation or providing detail on areas requiring further input.
- Review of recommendations implemented and sign off.
- PrintSecure will issue a compliance certificate which will be valid for one year and subsequent years’ subject to application and annual inspections.
Printing SA has developed a set of criteria, guidelines, rules and standards for security printers and suppliers
There are three types of accreditations available: 1 - Full Plant Accreditation, 2 - Qualified Accreditation and 3 - Specific Job Accreditation
Will apply to those printers supplying general security products such as certificates, diplomas, ballot papers, transportation and event tickets, scratch cards, gift and discount vouchers, examination papers, government documents, pharmaceutical packaging, branded products and many more.
SUPPLIERS OF SECURITY PAPER, INK AND OTHER MATERIALS
All suppliers of the above products are eligible to apply for accreditation and/or membership of the scheme.
PURCHASERS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF SECURITY PRODUCTS
Bulk purchasers of printed security products, procurement agencies wishing to subscribe to the rules of the PrintSecure Scheme and parties benefiting from the scheme may affiliate to the scheme and apply for accreditation where these parties provide secure storage, further processing or distribution of such materials.
- Uniprint a division of InsideDataUniprint (Pty) Ltd
- Process Litho Pty Ltd
- Art Printers
- RenForm CC
- Shereno Printers
- Lebone Litho Printers Pty Ltd
- Mailtronic Direct Marketing
- Novus Print: Montague Gardens
- CTP Printers